Transparency & Disclosure
REVISED: MARCH 1, 2023
WE WANT YOU TO UNDERSTAND THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT.
- The types of personal information we collect from you when you visit or use our online services include contact information like your first and last name, mailing address, email address, or telephone number. We may also collect financial information including your bank account information, payment card information, credit card information, or check information. We do not seek to collect or process sensitive personal information unless it is required or permitted by law; necessary for the detection or prevention of crime; necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal rights; or we have your prior explicit consent.
- In addition to the personal information described above, we collect certain information about your use of our online services. For example, we capture identifying information that may include your IP address, agent string, user string, your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our Services and which elements of our Services you use the most. In some instances, we also collect commercial information related to property that is either being insured or considered to be insured, including valuables and real estate, or records of insurance policies purchased, obtained or considered.
- We sometimes collect information about you from photos that you provide to us.
WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH AFFILIATES AND WITH OTHERS WHEN WE BELIEVE IT WILL ENHANCE THE SERVICES AND PRODUCTS WE CAN PROVIDE TO YOU OR FOR LEGAL AND ROUTINE BUSINESS REASONS.
- We share personal information among our affiliates and business units when we believe it will enhance the services we can provide, but only where permitted by law, any applicable confidentiality agreements, and our policies and practices. Additionally, we reserve the right to share your personal information in connection with a corporate change including a merger, acquisition or sale of all or any relevant portion of our business or assets.
- We disclose information we have about you as required or permitted by law. For example, we share information with regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with legal requirements.
- From time to time, we enter into agreements with other companies to provide services to us, or to make services and products available to you, including for purposes of payment processing, data hosting and processing, website development, and data analytics. We call them our Service Providers. We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
- We use personal information for various purposes, such as to provide you with the Site and Services, including to improve the Site and Services, to notify you of new products or services, and to otherwise communicate with you about our company. We may also use your personal information to provide more relevant search results from the search functions of the Site and the Services.
WE USE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES TO HELP US PROVIDE BETTER SERVICES TO YOU.
- We use Google Analytics on the Site and Services to collect Usage Data, to analyze how users use the Site and Services, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU MAKE AVAILABLE TO OTHERS.
By using the Site or the Services you may make certain of your personal information available to others. For example, when you post a review on the Site other users may see your name (first name and last name initial), the city you live in and other information that you choose to make available to others.
WE WORK HARD TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION.
We strive to protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of your information, including personal information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable legal standards to protect your information from unauthorized access and use, accidental or unlawful alteration and destruction, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of processing. No data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services, and you do so at your own risk. We hold our employees accountable for complying with relevant policies, procedures, rules and regulations concerning the privacy, confidentiality and security of your information.
WE SOMETIMES INCLUDE LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES TO HELP CONNECT YOU WITH PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT MAY HELP YOU.
WE RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS CONCERNING THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- We may from time to time elect to share certain information about you collected by us on the Site with third-parties for those third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents who have supplied personal information to us as defined in the statute, to, under certain circumstances, request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. If this applies, you may obtain the categories of personal information shared and the names and addresses of all third-parties that received personal information for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2019 will receive information about 2018 sharing activities) or to request to opt-out of such future sharing. To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. You may make this request in writing at: LegalCompliance@baldwinriskpartners.com.
WE TRANSMIT, TRANSFER AND PROCESS INFORMATION THROUGHOUT THE UNITED STATES.
WE RESPECT THE PRIVACY RIGHTS OF CHILDREN.
The Site and Services are intended for general audiences, and we do not knowingly seek or collect personal information from children under the age of 18. In accordance with the Child Online Privacy Protection Act, in the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from or about a child, please contact us at LegalCompliance@baldwinriskpartners.com.
SOCIAL SECURITY PROTECTION POLICY STATEMENT.
It is our policy to protect the confidentiality of Social Security numbers (SSNs) from misuse and improper disclosure by maintaining and enforcing physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. We prohibit unlawful disclosure of SSNs, and limit access to SSNs to our personnel who need access to SSNs to perform their job functions. We do not disclose SSNs to third parties except where required or permitted by law.
WE TELL YOU WHEN OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES CHANGE.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Baldwin Risk Partners
Attention: Legal Compliance
4211 W Boy Scout Blvd. Suite 800
Tampa, FL 33607